This recipe from Liz Barbour of the Creative Feast published in May’s Down on the Farm article in the Nashua Telegraph is minty-sweet.
- 1 pound bag frozen Petite Peas (these are the sweetest), thawed
- 2 Tbs unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup red onion (or chive), chopped
- 1 Tbs fresh mint, chopped
- 2 Tbs fresh flat leafed parsley, chopped
- Kosher salt and Pepper
- Heat a small sauté pan with the butter over low heat. Add the chopped onions and cook until just soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the thawed peas and fresh herbs to the cooked onions. Heat just until the peas are warmed through, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve hot, cold, or room temperature.